2007-10-16

LULA Magazine


This is a feature on sunglasses in association with Gucci by Jo Ratcliffe that I found in a magazine that I got from the ASOS website...personally I think that her work is quite inspirational to me and probably alot of others. It's a very modern and contemporary illustration attracting a wide range of viewers. I think that the illustartions for Gucci are very feminine and delicate and pay attention to detail and form. The image is a contrast between photography and handdrawn illustration and both are very prominent anf fighting for attention. The label Gucci is in amongst the flowers which is very effective as the flowers are what attracts the viewer to the design. The colours are vibrant and the use of line in the background of the image draws attention to the illustration effectively. I find this type of design really inspirational and I want to try to create some of my own work in this style in future briefs.